On the grotesque : strategies of contradiction in art and literature /
Aurora, Colo., USA :
Davies Group Publishers,
|Series:||Critical studies in the humanities.
Table of Contents:
- Formation, deformation, and reformation: an introduction to the grotesque
- Grotesque and grottesche
- Grotesque and grotto-esque
- Walking on silence: the lamination of narratives in Wuthering Heights
- Permeability and the grotesque: the masque of the red death
- Metaphor, marginality, and parody in death in Venice
- To make you sea: Conrad's primal words
- Conclusion: doodles, dragons, dissonance, and discovery.